Bored of boiled broccoli, all soggy and bland? How about some roasted broccoli with flavor! We’ve been hooked on oven roasted veggies this year and have no intention of ever looking back. We made two versions of roasted broccoli that can be eaten alone or even added into a sandwich (think cheesy melty panini).
Baked Broccoli Cheese Sandwich
Modified from here.
Serving 2 people.
- 1 small sized head of broccoli
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- whole black pepper, grounded to taste
- Earth Balance Organic Coconut Spread
- 4 whole wheat bread
- Smoked gruyere cheese (also available at Aldi)
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Cut broccoli. Put into a round tupperware. Add seasonings and oil and mix it.
- Spread out on a baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Spread lightly Earth Balance Organic Coconut Spread on 4 whole wheat breads.
- Add 1 sliced smoked gruyere cheese on top of coconut spread on each of two sandwiches.
- Add the roasted broccoli to each of two sandwiches.
- Put in a panini maker or grill on stove.
For a more spicier flavor as a snack or side dish.
- Same as above plus
- 1/4 tsp garlic
- red chili pepper flakes, to taste
- cayenne pepper or chile arbol ground, to taste
Bake in the oven for 10 minutes and it’s ready to eat! Now excuse us because its dinner time. Broccoli ahoy!!