Now that Valentine’s Day has passed in all it’s choco heart shaped romance filled blaze of glory, we think it’s about time you show a little non-stereotypical love to your lady friends. How do you do this, you ask? Take them to LUNA Fest (coming to Chicago on Thursday, February 27th), the perfect opportunity to grab your gals for a night out that you can feel good about.
Luna Fest gives 100% of ticket proceeds back to the community.
- 85% of proceeds will be provided to Step Up Women’s Network, a Chicago based organization that promotes success for young women from often ignored communities.
- 15% of proceeds will be provided to the Breast Cancer Fund, a national organization that seeks to identify and eliminate environmental contributors to breast cancer.
So what will you be doing at this awesome event?
LUNA Bar and Style Chicago will be your hosts for the Chicago premiere of LUNAFEST and kick it off with a cocktail reception featuring wines from Clif Family Winery, PERONI beer, specialty LUNAFEST cocktails and local foods from LYFE Kitchen, RA Sushi and Tesori. Oh and we know from experience there will be tons of Luna Bars there to sample! We can’t wait to snag the chocolate dipped coconut ones.
The fest highlights nine inspiring short films by women filmmakers, for women, which may cause the following reactions as you may possibly be…a woman:
- Raucous laughter
- Intense conversation and serious debate
- Extra huggy behavior from your friends
- Tears (bring some tissue)
Or maybe a more meaningful symptom such as:
- A call to community action
To win a ticket for you and a friend, either comment on our Facebook page or this blog post about the friend you would bring to LUNAFEST and what makes her Luna-worthy. The winner must provide names of both guests and email addresses for ticket confirmation. The giveaway ends February 20th at 5 p.m.
What if you don’t win? Well, you can still come!
LUNAFEST Chicago takes place, Thursday, February 27, 2014 at the Museum of Broadcast Communications – 360 N. State St., Chicago
Cocktail Reception: 6:00pm – 7:30pm
Showtime: 7:30pm – 9:00pm
5 dolla dolla bills off when using the code: LUNA5. Tickets must be purchased in advance here.
Happy commenting and may lady luck shine upon you!