Clean water is a cool commodity in the U.S. and the world. It is the one thing we cannot live without (as the show Naked and Afraid on Discovery Channel has demo-ed time and time again). Surge for Water, seeks to make clean water accessible for all. Helping over 204,000 people in 11 countries, Surge donates 100% of their funds to their cause.
So burpees, you ask, what do they have to do with saving a life? Sometimes burpees make you want a super hero to come save you! Well, every whole body strengthening burpees you do at the Surge & ENRGi Fitness The Burpee Challenge to Save Lives could make a dollar to halt poverty.
Challenge Date: May 15th, 2016
Location: ENRGi Fitness
Fit Fundraisin’: You pick 2-A Fundraising Goal and a # of Burpees. Jump up to the challenge and change lives.
What level of Burpee BadA#$ are you?
- Water Hero: 1 or 99, you are a champ!
- Change Agent: Keep it one hundred with 100 Burpees
- Community Developer: 250 Burpees, your own town of burpees
- Global Advocate: 500 Burpees
- World Changer: 1000 Burpees
- $50 bucks to start your fundraising and the burpee mat has boundaries so space is limited!
- Need a cheerleader or form leader? An ENRGi Fitness coach will be on hand/foot to assist
- Perk! Get more fit with a discounted month trial from ENRGi for participating. ENRGi hosts over 100 classes/week including yoga, strength/circuit training and more.
- Score a sweet Surge Tee and Water Bottle
- Prefer burping to burpees? You can still donate to the cause :).
- Burpee Challenge monies will go to efforts in Kaberamaido, Uganda, a country where 8.4 million people lack access to safe water and sanitation.
- Surge tackles water needs from different angles including creating water filtration, reusable water bottles, latrines and wells.
- Surge builds communities from the inside out. This method encourages communities to learn how to provide safe and clean water to themselves.
So stop, collaborate and burpee for clean water for all with ENRGi and Surge!
*Photos courtesy of Surge*