After the opening credits, the scene begins with the Chi Organic Girls running around trying to figure out what to bring to the outdoor movie in the park. A cartoon light bulb pops over Mon’s head. “I have 20 Godzilla sized Zucchinis from my garden. What to make?”
Grilled Zucchini Nachos
modified from here.
- 1 medium zucchini or 2 small zucchini sliced about 1/4 inch thick rounds
- Olive oil
- pinch of Black pepper and salt
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 can of black beans, rinsed and drain
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- handful cilantro, chopped
- Garlic, sea salt, black pepper
- Tajin spice (Mexican spice found at any Mexican grocery store)
- 1/2 fresh lime
- shredded sharp cheddar, optional garnish
Slice zucchini into a bowl. Add olive oil to coat the zucchini and sprinkle salt and black pepper. Arrange zucchini on a grill pan over medium heat. Grill until zucchini is tender as seen in picture.
Remove zucchini from grill and place two layers on a platter or flat container to take for a picnic. Top with black beans, tomatoes, red onions, avocado, green onion, cilantro, sprinkle garlic, sea salt, black pepper and squeeze fresh lime juice. Recipe will feed about 6 people.
Wondering what other picnic goodies the gals will bring to the blanket? Coming after the intermission: Fiesta Quinoa!