Enchilada Stuffed Mushrooms
Modified recipe from here.
Say our title 3 times fast…Meatless Mexican Mushroom Monday!
We love mushrooms (smooches)! They are versatile and sturdy, plus they provide protein making them a happening substitute on meatless Mondays. This recipe can be a fancy yet simple appetizer for parties as well. We prepared this for a ladies lunch get-together in only 30 minutes which left way more time to get purty.
- 15 baby bella mushrooms
- 2 oz light cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz block of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup grated parmigianno regianno cheese
- 1/4 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 green onion, sliced
- garlic salt
- 1/3 tsp cayenne
- sea salt, black pepper, and chili flakes, sprinkle to taste
- 1/2 pouch of Ricky Bayless Frontera Red Chile Enchilada Sauce
- Preheat oven 375 degrees. Lightly spray Olive Oil cooking spray in baking pan.
- Remove stem from mushrooms. Wash and clean the dirt off mushroom cap.
- Mix softened cream cheese, grated sharp cheddar, parmigianno regianno cheese, taco seasoning, garlic salt, cayenne, salt, black pepper, and chili flakes.
- Stuff the mixture into the mushrooms and arrange in baking pan. Pour Frontera Enchilada Sauce. Sprinkle shredded sharp cheddar.
- Bake for 20 minutes until brown and bubbly!
Final result: Some of the guests weren’t hot for Mexican food but could not stop eating them! These were the best stuffed mushrooms we’ve ever had as well with melt in your mouth cheese and the perfect kick of spiciness. Get crazy and add black beans, avocado and side of Late July Mild Green Mojo chips from Whole Foods to compliment them.
We are anxious to experience the Rick Bayless empire, especially XOCO, to indulge in his woodland mushroom Torta to expand our mushroom meal menagerie.