September is not only the start of fabulous fall in Chicago but also National Yoga Month. As the hustle and bustle of school and work picks back up, yoga can bring the chill feel of summer back into your life. Read about the 10 benefits of Yoga at alignyo.com.
The Yoga Health Foundation is a major player in this push to inspire people to practice yoga and create a more balanced lifestyle. They also offer one free week at a variety of participating yoga studios – click here to find one near you.
We signed up to try Bend Yoga Studio, which just moved to a new West Town location, and will be offering a full relaxed report soon! Many other Chi Town Yoga studios get into the action of celebrating National Yoga Month as well.
For the past two years, we’ve clamored to attend Exhale Spa‘s NamasDay event. Exhale is a high end combo spa/studio that offers traditional yoga as well as barre and fusion classes. For NamasDay, Exhale goes all out for guests with mini spa treatments, healthy treats, and cutting edge classes.
NamasDay @ Exhale Spa
So where can you get your Yoga hook up?
Which category do you fit in?
A) Are you wearing fitness clothes and ready to socialize?
B) Are you wearing PJs and can barely drag yourself towards the TV?
If you’re an A, Try:
1) Corepower Yoga offers a free week to all new students. You must like it hot as they are heated classes.
2) Zen Yoga Garage, one of our favsies, gives a free week to newbies as well. Check out our previous blog for more info.
3) Lululemon and Athleta stores are a go to for the once in awhile yogi. Search for your local store for exact classes and hours. They give your weekend a boost with Saturday/Sunday classes.
If you’re a B, Try:
…Not drooling on yourself! Get up and exercise that booty!
Free online yoga in those cute cow pajamas:
1) doyogawithme.com-There is a huge library of classes for beginners to advanced students. You also have the option to buy a class for repeat views if you like it.
2) Alignyo turns a homebody into an “ohmbody” with featured classes from celebrity teachers. They surround you with other yogic interests such as interviews, yoga digs, and health tips.
3) Youtube, baby! Just search for yoga. Jillian Michael’s butt kicking yoga classes are on there as well as anything from Kudalini to Vinyasa style yoga. Tickle your fancy for whatever works in those monkey slippers you’re wearing.
Of course, we will keep the yoga party going long after September is over. Where is your secret place to score some free yoga? We are a community, after all!