We run a ton in the name of charity: Burger and Beer 5K for Girls on the Run, Monster Dash for Team Ortho, Monkey Purple 5k (ok that doesn’t exist) but we think RUN 10 FEED 10 is one of the most awesome ones we do!
It’s our 3rd year of jogging alongside thousands of Chicagoans to help feed families in our very own home town. Women’s Health and the FEED Foundation partner to make this event full of health, heart and happiness at helping others.
For a pretty darn affordable $35 (most 10ks run around $50 and up), you can make a meal for 10 people in the Windy City.
WHAT: RUN 10 FEED 10 – A timed 10k race that instantly provides 10 meals for those who are hungry in our community.
WHEN: NEW DAY! Thursday September 8th, 2016 @ 6 pm
WHERE: NEW ROUTE! Macy’s State Street, 111 North State Street Chicago, IL 60602
- You’ll experience city and lake front views while running into the sunset at the end
- Pre and post race activities like warm ups, cool downs and awards for those zoomey fast runners
- Giveaways, freebies and fun from sponsors of the event
Baby got track? Join us for RUN 10 FEED 10 at www.run10feed10.com
- $35 for early registration
- Get $5 off your entry with code: WHPR5OFF
- Your 35 bucks also includes race entry, your donation of 10 meals, and a limited-edition FEED bag.
- You don’t need wings to be an angel! Go to crowdrise.com/womenshealthrun10feed10 to donate or fund raise additional money to help those in need. Your funds could win you some sweet prizes as well! All funds raised will benefit the FEED Foundation.
NOT IN CHICAGO?
- Run official timed races in New York or San Francisco
- Jump into a fun run in Atlanta, Boston or Washington D.C.
- Plan your own run alone or with a team and raise money!
FEED Foundation has a goal of raising enough scrizzle for 5 miillion meals this year as 49 million Americans are going hungry daily. Come into the light and run those legs to run off hunger. May the running course be with you!
*Images courtesy of RUN 10 FEED 10. We were offered free race entry in exchange for this post*